Monday, March 28, 2005

It's Berry Pie Time!

I love this time of year! One of my absolute favorite fruits is the strawberry, and they are now in season - and awesome! For Easter dinner, I made my family a fresh strawberry pie and thought I'd share this AWESOME recipe with you! Ingredients 1 baked pie shell (I recommend a sweet pie pastry - I will post this recipe as well!) 1/2 quart fresh slice strawberries (I used two plastic containers full) 1 cup sugar 1 cup boiling water 3 1/2 tbsp corn starch 4 tbsp strawberry Jello Instructions Place strawberries in the pie shell. Mix sugar, water, corn starch and jello over low heat until it boils. Remove mixture from heat and cool 15 - 20 minutes. Pour mixture over berries and chill 4 - 6 hours. I serve it with a spoon (or two!) of Cool Whip. YUMMMMMMMY!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?