Sunday, February 27, 2005

Merri's Pancake Recipe

As we wrapped up breakfast today, I thought I could share my pancake recipe with you. My family really enjoys it. To quote my son, "Mommy....your pancakes are even better than CEREAL!" I hope you enjoy them just as much! Ingredients 2 cups flour 4 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp salt 2 eggs, beaten 2 cups milk (scant*) 1 tsp vanilla 2 tsp melted butter Instructions Sift the first three ingredients together. Add the eggs, stirring slightly. Gradually add in the milk, stirring (I use a fork or a whisk) until smooth. Mix in the vanilla and add the melted butter last, mixing until smooth. Heat a non-stick frying pan or a griddle to medium/medium-high heat. Pour desired amount of batter into pan (it will spread a bit), turn when bubbles form and start to pop. Cook other side until golden brown. Serve with your favorite toppings. I have to admit that my favorite toppings are a strange combination. When the pancake is piping hot I spread peanut butter lightly on it and it melts just like butter. I top it with maple syrup. It tastes AWESOME! *for those of you who are unfamilar with the terminology, "scant" means just short of the measurement. For this particular recipe, I put slightly less than 2 cups of milk into the batter.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?