Tuesday, January 25, 2005

A Letter to Nannie from Bradley

Hi all, Things have been pretty crazy here since my Mom passed away. We're doing okay - lots going on both to prepare for the memorial services and to prepare my dad for the next leg in his journey. I wanted to share out a letter my 7 year old son, Bradley, wrote to his "Nannie" days before she passed away. He had just read a book called "Saying Goodbye." This was a good book to help Bradley understand what was happening with his Nannie. Here's what he wrote (I've included his exact words - no spelling corrections here!): Dear Nanny, Remember when you and I were together and went to Golden Corral? It was fun the time when you gave me lots of hugs. I wish we had you longer. I feel really, really sad because I love you. I hope your comfy in heaven. Thank you for being nice to me. Love, Bradley His pain and grief are my own. I don't think I could have said it any better.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?