Monday, December 27, 2004

Garlic Parsley New Potatoes

Introduction: This is a recipe that was passed to me by my mom. I've used it for a long time. It is so easy and flavorful and goes with most any main dish, my favorites being a nice steak or pork chops. Ingredients: 1 stick of butter (you can substitute margarine, but why?) 2 cans of whole new potatoes, drained well garlic powder or garlic salt (my preference is powder, but both will work) dried parsley Instructions: Place a large skillet over medium heat. Put the stick of butter into the skillet, melting slowly. Once melted, pour both cans of new potatoes into the pan, turning to coat in the butter. Sprinkle an even, light coat of garlic powder over the potatoes, and do the same with the parsley. Turn the potatoes over, repeating the garlic powder and parsley coating. Cook over medium heat until a nice, crisp and brown coating develops on the outside of the potatoes. Turn over and cook on the other side until done. This whole process should take approximately 20-30 minutes at a maximum. What I serve this with: A nice pairing would be with the pan seared steak in my previous post. It goes with most anything. I would recommend cooking with a main dish that also includes garlic, so the theme of garlic carries through more than one of your dishes.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?